1/18 scale cars refer to miniature models of real-life cars that are one-eighteenth the size of the actual car. These models are popular among collectors, enthusiasts, and hobbyists who enjoy collecting and displaying miniature versions of their favorite cars.
1/18 scale cars typically range in size from 8-11 inches in length and are made of various materials such as die-cast metal, plastic, and resin. They often feature realistic details such as working doors, hoods, and trunks, engine and interior details, and accurate paint and graphics.
These models are often produced in limited quantities and can vary in price depending on the level of detail and quality. Some collectors enjoy customizing their 1/18 scale cars with aftermarket parts or modifications to create unique and personalized models.
History of scale 1/18 models
The history of scale model cars dates back to the early 20th century, but the production of 1/18 scale model cars specifically began in the 1980s. At that time, companies such as Exoto and CMC started producing high-end, detailed 1/18 scale models of classic cars from the 1920s and 1930s.
These early 1/18 scale models were often made of die-cast metal and featured opening doors, hoods, and trunks, as well as detailed engine and interior components. They were often quite expensive, but their high level of detail and limited production runs made them popular among collectors and enthusiasts.
Over time, other companies began producing 1/18 scale models as well, including more affordable options made of plastic or resin. Today, 1/18 scale models are widely available from a variety of manufacturers, and cover a wide range of cars from vintage classics to modern supercars. They remain popular among collectors and hobbyists who appreciate the detail and craftsmanship of these miniature versions of their favorite cars.
Popular Scale 1/18 brands today
There are several manufacturers that produce popular 1/18 scale model cars today, and the most popular brands can vary depending on factors such as the type of car, the level of detail, and the region of the world where the models are being sold.
Some of the most popular brands of 1/18 scale model cars include:
- AUTOart – Known for producing highly detailed models of both classic and modern cars, with a focus on high-end materials and craftsmanship.
- Almost Real – Fairly new company compared to the others on this list, but Almost Real are quickly becoming a favorite among collectors thanks to their details and quality.
- Bburago – Offers a wide range of affordable 1/18 scale models, with a focus on classic European sports cars.
- Maisto – Produces a variety of 1/18 scale models, including classic cars, sports cars, and muscle cars, often at a lower price point.
- Minichamps – Specializes in producing highly detailed models of both classic and modern cars, with a focus on accuracy and realism.
- Kyosho – Produces a variety of 1/18 scale models, including high-end replicas of classic and modern sports cars.
Other popular brands of 1/18 scale models include Welly, GT Spirit, CMC, and Spark.
Top selling scale 1/18 cars from our shop right now:
Mercedes – Maybach S-Class 2021 Black / Silver 1:18 by Almost Real$229.00
Jaguar Daimler XJ6 (XJ40) – Glacier White 1:18 by Almost Real$209.00
Pagani Zonda HP Carbon Purple 1:18 by LCD Models$299.00
Pagani Zonda HP Carbon Blue 1:18 by LCD Models$379.00
Pagani Zonda Cinque Coupe Verde Firenze Green 1:18 by Almost Real$398.00
Ferrari 250 GTO 1962 Black 1:18 by CMC$779.00
RUF CTR 2017 Blossom Yellow 1:18 by Almost Real$229.00
Mercedes – Maybach S-Class 2021 Diamond White 1:18 by Almost Real$209.00